The Volunteer Centre Western Isles can offer the Volunteer Development Scotland Training Programme for volunteer managers plus information on other national training programmes and accreditation programmes for your volunteers.
Topics include: Introduction to Managing Volunteers, Understanding volunteer motivations, staff and volunteer reationships
All learning opportunities are led by experienced facilitators and are aligned to quality standards in the management of volunteers, IIV and National Occupational Standards.Training events can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation should you require places for a number of staff. Please contact Kirsty at the Stornoway office. Training is provided at the lowest possible cost (typically £5-15 a head) to allow as many groups as possible to access it. Concessions are available.
Our partners in C-CIG can provide training in Training on committee skills and financial recording and management.
Future training dates: (Includes external training sessions we have been asked to promote)
We've put together a list for you of ACAS most popular courses running in Aberdeen between now and October that are designed to give managers the knowledge and skills to confidently deal with the day to day challenges of people management:
• 28th August - Managing Discipline and Grievance
• 29th August - Managing performance and staff appraisals
• 8th September - CIWM Certificate in Internal Workplace Mediation
• 9th September - Contracts of Employment - How to get it right
• 16th September - Human Resource Management for Beginners
• 1st October - TUPE 2014 - Practical training on what's changed
• 2nd October - Managing absence at work
• 7th October - Flexible Working 2014 - Handling requests in a reasonable manner
• 21st October - Essential Skills for Supervisors
• 30th October - Managing extreme persistent and difficult workplace behaviours
For more information or booking enquiries contact the ACAS Customer Service Team on 0300 120 1150.
Acas can also deliver this course on your premises if you would like to train a larger number of employees.